Design Competition 1st Prize
2011 P+W architects
Concept Design for a new terminal building for Jomo Kenyatta airport in Kenya
Opportunities offered by new design:
- Public areas benefit from improved spatial experience, collectively beneath a single roof.
- Arrivals passengers experience significantly improved.
- Reduced level changes for passengers.
- Improved operational efficiency.
- Arrivals and Departures pick-up / drop-off arranged horizontally (rather than stacked vertically).
- Baggage Sortation located into a single large baggage hall
- Hotel and CIP access / egress does not impact on Departures Level
- Future flexibility for the Transit Hotel.
- Improved construction phasing capability
* All the material in this page is personal design work on behalf of P+W Architects.